Mutualink Interoperability Products Now on COSTARS
Mutualink’s full line of radio and multimedia communication products are now available to COSTARS eligible purchasers in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. This means that COSTARS members can now receive the same Federal GSA Schedule pricing discounts on Mutualink products and services through TuWay Communications.
COSTARS is the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's cooperative purchasing program and serves as a conduit through which registered and eligible local public procurement units (LPPUs) and state-affiliated entities (together "Members") are able to leverage contracts established by DGS to cost effectively and efficiently identify suppliers with whom to do business. A "local public procurement unit" is defined as:
- Any political subdivision (local government unit), such as a municipality, school district or commission
- Any public authority (including authorities formed under the Municipality Authorities Act of 1955 or other authorizing legislation, such as the Public Transportation Law or the Aviation Code)
- Any tax-exempt, nonprofit educational institution or organization
- Any tax-exempt, nonprofit public health institution or organization
- Any nonprofit fire company, rescue company, or ambulance company
- Any other entity that spends public funds for the procurement of supplies, services, and construction
For additional information on COSTARS eligibility or to apply to become a member, please visit the COSTARS Member Information site.
About TuWay Communications
TuWay Communications is an integrated communications systems provider based in Bethlehem, PA, helping businesses and public safety agencies improve efficiency, safety, and productivity. TuWay utilizes technology to develop advanced long-term solutions built to the organization’s needs. From companies upgrading their current technology to those in search of a new communications approach, TuWay can design, engineer, install, and maintain a flexible solution. For additional information, visit www.tuway.com
Mutualink, Inc. has developed an interoperable communications platform that enables community-wide multimedia sharing of radio, voice, text, video, data files and telephone communications in a secure environment. Mutualink’s system is currently deployed by hundreds of public and private entities worldwide, including homeland security and defense installations, NATO Special Operations Forces, police and fire departments, transit authorities, hospitals, schools, universities, shopping malls, casinos, and more. Mutualink’s technology is on the “Approved Products List” for both the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and the U.S. Department of Defense. Mutualink is a privately-held company headquartered in Wallingford, CT., with R&D facilities in Westford, Mass., Allen, Texas and Mayagüez, Puerto Rico. For more information please visit www.mutualink.net.